Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Happy to Me..."


Macey is at a really fun, silly, goofy age right now. Pretty much she is walking entertainment (except for all those times she makes me want to pull my hair out). I gotta write them down before I forget.
She has, all the sudden, started talking up a storm. We still can't understand a lot of what she's saying, but we're catching on. It's so fun though. She's also picked up this funny speech impediment, I guess, where she puts an "f" on the end of all sorts of words. So, her baby brother's name is now "Crewf" and a "cowf" says "moof", some other's include: No, go, yellow, blue, uh-oh, two... you get the idea. It's pretty funny and cute for now. Hopefully it'll go away before she starts school? ;)

Miss Macey sings All day long! It's really quite cute. She usually sings songs we've taught her/she's picked up i.e. ABC's, popcorn popping, twinkle twinkle, wheels on the bus, but she came up with a new one all on her own. It's to the tune of "happy birthday" but she's made appropriate for every occasion. It goes: "Happy to Me, Happy To MEeeee" over and over.

She also found that she really likes to dress/undress herself. More often than not, I'll put her down for a nap fully clothed and get her up in nothing but a diaper. She thinks it's fabulous and would happily run around shirtless all day if I'd let her. Sometimes she does win the battle, just hope the neighbors aren't offended. She'll try to put her own clothes on but usually ends up with her arms through the head, so the shirt, or shirts rather, end up around her waist. It's a good look for whatever shorts/skirts/pants combo she has chosen for that day.

She's really into "Big Trucks" right now. We have a ritual every Monday and Thursday mornings to wait and watch the garbage man come. The recycle guy is super nice and always waves and toots his horn for her. And everytime we're in the car and she spots a pick-up, semi, van, moving van, RV, anything like that, it's a "BIG TRUCK, LOOK!!" She is also getting into the "princess" thing thankfully, otherwise I'd be a little worried about my little girl liking trucks so much.

I introduced her to the original Winney the Pooh cartoons and she's now mildly obsessed. She even quotes it as well as sing and dance along with the movie. She. loves. Winney the "Poof". I video-ed her singing along, we will cherish that little video for years to come.

She's a little monkey. Really. The climbs, hangs, and swings on anything and everything. It's a good thing she's so little. She also is getting really good at somersaults.

She really is at such a fun age, it makes up for all the "2-yr-old" days she throws in the mix.

1 comment:

Junior and Marissa said...

AHHH, I love the 2 year old phase. It's sooo FUN! Macey is so preciousf