Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Really like Fall

especially the yummy food it means I get to make and more importantly, eat!!

I made this seriously delish Butternut Squash Soup tonight, and it turned out to be way better than I ever expected. So yummy I even took a picture of it to show you. I don't even like butternut squash that much, but I think this may have changed my mind. It was super quick and easy and stuffed full of vitamins, not to mention flavor.

Here's the recipe:
1 T EVOO
1 tsp minced garlic
1 small onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 potato, peeled and cubed
1 med carrot, or 5 baby carrots, chopped
1 med butternut squash peeled, seeded and cubed (I bought a bag of pre-cut squash at Fresh and Easy)
1 can chicken broth
salt and pepper
I used my pressure cooker, if you have one here's the directions and it is SUPER fast:
Throw all ingredients in pressure cooker, (enough pepper to give it a little kick) pressure for 8 minutes. Use stick blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy.
If you don't have a pressure cooker:
Let garlic to sit in oil while it heats up. Add all veggies and cook 5 min or until lightly browned. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer 40 min. Blend with stick blender until smooth.
Can top with sour cream and crumbled bacon.

Yum, Yum, Yum! Bring on the fall, now if only the weather would catch on.....

1 comment:

JJLanier said...

looks yummy! And I LOVE the picture of Macey at the piano!