
This is what I woke up to one morning last week. I got a text message from my brother Josh saying his dog was in the back yard having the time of his life running around in all that open space. When I went to check on him about 10 min after that this is what I found. The dumb dog tried to follow Benton as he left for school and apparently underestimated the size of his hips. He was stuck, whinney the pooh style. I tried pulling and pushing but that dog wasn't going anywhere. I called my brother to tell him his darn dog was stuck in the fence and I didn't know what else to try minus breaking out the butter. Josh said he'd come by in a bit to check it out. So, I put a water bowl within reach of the poor thing and waited. Well, almost 2 hours later Josh was able to get away from the office. So, 2 hours and approximately 2 seconds after getting wedged in the fence, the dog was free. 2 seconds. That's how long it took Josh to get the dog unstuck. Feeling a little sheepish, I asked how he did it. His, reply? Physics. He turned the dog sideways , turns out his hips fit quite nicely if they were sideways. In my defense, science was never my strong suit. I figure I taught the dog a lesson, he never went close to that fence the rest of the day.
2 comments:
Ha ha- poor thing.
We are definitly related. My parent's had their outside refridgerator facing the car in the garage for over 25 years. It made it nearly impossible to open the fridge door if someone parked the car too close to the fridge. It took an engineer (my brother-in-law Mark Jones) to suggest that we turn the fridge so that we wouldn't have that problem anymore. We were all dumbfounded. Such a simple idea, but none of us would have ever thought of it.
Post a Comment