Monday, August 17, 2009

I coulda been a pioneer

That is probably a very false statement, I'm sure I would not have lasted a day crossing the plains. However, I'm confident in my saying I could've given them a run for their money when it came to food. That too, I'm sure is another very false statement. But, I will tell you something that is true. In the last week, I made and bottled applesauce and bottled chicken. Both firsts for me. Most of you are probably saying woopdeedoo, I've been doing that for years. Even though I'm way behind the times, I am still proud of my newly found abilities and will put it on my blog as proof.

here's some lovely raw chicken for your viewing pleasure
the pioneers in training, we got really into it, we didn't even wear makeup!
The finished product.
No pics of the applesauce, but it is finger lickin good!!!

5 comments:

April and Cameron said...

bottled chicken? i have never heard of that! i guess it would come in handy when a crisis goes down - everyone needs protein. oh bert, you are so domestic.

The Dahl Family said...

Way to go! It must be that $1.67/lb chicken at Fry's because I bottled chicken this week too. Now I'm investigating waxing cheese - have you ever done that?

Johnna Jayne said...

You'll have to let us all know how it tastes when you try it. I personally have never canned. . . Not sure when I'll get around to figuring that out.

Claydens said...

you look so skinny!! WOO HOO!

Lindsey said...

I've been trying to figure out a way to keep my chicken in the pantry instead of that crazy modern convenience that freezes stuff. Thanks Brit!