
I think I've waited too long to update the old blog and now I'm just all confused about what to blog about. So here it goes in, what I'm sure to be, a random makes-no-kind-of- sense order.
Big news in Macey's and our world, on Jan 3, she ROLLED OVER for the 1st time! And of course it was the one time I didn't have the camera ready, so we missed it, but it was very sudden, I put her on her tummy and literally 2 seconds later she was flat on her back. We tried our best to get her to do it again, but it's been a week now and no go. But we're still excited for her. She is, however, a champ at wiggling around and NOT staying in one place for long.
We didn't get video of her rolling over, but this was taken right after!
(she just looks really cute and extra small in her bumbo)So, Christmas was wonderful as usual. It was very busy and filled with lots of family time, parties and a few extra pounds. A few highlights: hay ride with my family the Sunday before, looking at lights and singing carols, well attempting to, it's amazing how many words you don't know without music in front of you, we stuck to "Jingle Bells" a lot of the time.

(most of the fam on the hay ride, this is actually in front of Benton's Grandma's house)A couple weeks before the big day, I made Macey a stocking, it's not perfect, but for my first try I think I did pretty dang good. I even sewed all the letters except the "c" it's too curvy and scary for an amateur like me.
Attempting to take family pictures. We haven't taken one since '04, and well it's way over due. It was pretty funny, and it's gonna need some help from photoshop but we did it!
our little family pic
(big family pic, I think only one kid is picking their nose and almost everyone is looking)Benton is so clever and has this AMAZING talent for finding spectacular deals for anything and everything online. He bought all but one gift online, so everyday the UPS guys would bring another box to the door and I'd have to resist the temptation to open it, that can be really hard! He found some sweet stuff, I felt bad, he got really boring presents from me. He got me Guitar Hero, which he got for $7, and then the coolest part, a few days later he came home with ROCK BAND2 for the Wii he got for FREE!! That game is so fun, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm good.
With the holidays comes reunions, I love it when old friends come to town! I got to see a several friends I haven't seen in a long time! It was great to connect with all of you and I can't wait to see you all again!! And along those lines, Benton had most of the week of Christmas off so we actually got to hang out as a couple WITH friends!!! That is truly a rarity for us, I honestly can't remember the last time he had gone out with friends. Thanks Mike and Alesia for letting us crash your parties twice, it was really very exciting for us.
Earl's Girl's reunion, (Bette Sue, Amy, Lindsey and me) Bette Sue couldn't come for lunch, so we visited her at work, her poor client hated us cuz Bette Sue stopped and talked to us forEVER. haha poor lady.
this picture is just funny







1 comment:
Cotter!
Thanks for all the updates (well, I suppose your wonderful wife actually keeps us up to date). You guys look great and it sounds like you're all doing well.
You should share with us your secrets of online shop-ery ...
Post a Comment