Tuesday, December 23, 2008

the christmas cookie mystery



how is it that when you put 2 cookie sheets in a Convection oven, at the exact same time and take them out at the exact same time, they turn out like this? The ones on the top rack can now be used as charcoal, while the bottom rack are soft and chewy... someone please explain. I mean the purpose of convection ovens is to cook evenly throughout the oven, right? At least the smoke emptied out and we can breath again. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

William and Marianne said...

thats hilarious! sounds like something is broken or just getting old! =) merry christmas!

Amy said...

Wow! I have never seen that happen.

Amy said...

Merry Christmas!!

morgan larsen said...

oh wow - if you hadn't posted a picture, I wouldn't have believed it, that is crazy just how burned those cookies are, night and day from the other ones! Merry Christmas!

Tarah said...

Love it! They just look like they are supposed to be chocolate! Lol. ;)

Robin said...

Hey Britt! Love the cookies. I hope at least some of them were edible. By the way, when you cooked them did you set the oven to convection cook, because if not then it will cook just normal. I'm sure you did, I just thought I'd try and be helpful. Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas!

akdoxey said...

That's pretty funny. I thought they were chocolate sugar cookies (which I did make this past Christmas). What a bummer to waste all those!

Ben and Jen McDowell said...

Yah I don't get that. How are you so dang cute all the time!! I am a little jealous. Hope you had a good New Year!

Catherine said...

Wow, your family is so dang cute! Sorry haven't been following it as often as I'd like. I hate looking at a computer but brake down every few mos. to get updates on everyone. :0) Happy New Year and all that jazz.

Brooke and Brian said...

Haha thats hilarious! You look great.