Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Baby Blessing and some Thanksgiving


Wheww, I feel like I have a lot to blog about, I'll try to get it all in and not make a novel out of it. OK, so first up, we blessed Macey on the 23rd! She was so sweet, and in true character didn't make a peep during the whole thing. Benton did a great job, what a blessing it is to have an amazing worthy priesthood holder of a husband. We blessed her at home, and so we had to queeze in all sorts of family and friends into the Living room, and luckily most of the kids were outside for the blessing and the ones that weren't were quiet, right up till we said "amen". Thanks to everyone who came and shared our special day with us, it was so much fun to see friends that we never get to see because of Benton's insane schedule.

I LOVE Thanksgiving!! This year was a BLAST! And the weather was PERFECT!! The fun started the night before when I saw Twilight for the 2nd time, but this time Benton, he's such a good sport (he said he didn't really care to see it, but he has read all the books and he liked them, soo...) came with me and we saw it at the Cine Capri, it was 70 ft and 140 speakers of vampireness. It was pretty cool, though it was even cheesier the 2nd time around, I still liked it. Thanksgiving morning all my brothers and Benton's bros and I played Ultimate frisbee to work off some calories, and holy crap we did, that's some good exercise!
After the game we made our way to dinner at the Cotter's where we stuffed ourselves silly. We took a quick fam pic and then, In true Cotter tradition, girls vs boys Bacci tournament was held with specially made jerseys courtesy of Buck, I was dubbed "Bert the Hurt" and Benton " Hard Drive". Sad to say girls lost their title this year. After that it was off to my family party where we ate more desserts, yum yum,you can't beat Dahl damily desserts, there's no contest. The evening quickly turned into game night, we played around-the-world ping pong, 3 people on a couch, the name game, and mad-gab. By the end of it all we were exhausted! It was a great day with good food good fun and good people.
Friday was pretty quiet, till evening that is. Benton and Pete went to the ASU game with some awesome tickets, and, thanks to our defense we won! Go Devils! I cruised on over to the lighting of the Temple Lights. Pretty cool being there for the big lighting, and Brooke White was there, but we all decided being for the lighting Once was enough, it was WAY too crowded and not very stroller friendly, but still a good time.
Saturday was had a little impromptu party at our house, it was supposed to be 5 people, but quickly turned into about 30. All my Dad's family which was perfect cuz we didn't get to see any of them on T-day. We got to meet cousin Damien's baby Hughie, SO cute! He makes Macey look even littlier than she is.
Before our little party Stacy and Mason (who is 3) came over, and Mason, being one of Macey's most adoring fans, asked where she was, which was in our room sleeping. I told him he could go peek at her, but not wake her up. A few minutes later Stacy said to me. " Oh, I didn't even notice Macey in her bouncer!" yeah, that's because she wasn't in her bouncer. Mason had carried her from our room, across the tiled basement, up a few stairs and put her in her bouncer!! We were a little shocked when we realized what had happened, and when we asked Mason how Baby Macey got in there, he matter-of-factly replied " I carried her with my muscles." I'm just glad he has big muscles, and put her right side up in her bouncer. :o)
My cousin Damien, wife Kay and baby Hughie (if you are ever in San Diego, you gotta check out his Restaurant, Devine Pastabilities, it rocks!)
Kay, Hughie, Macey and Me at our party on Sat

Family pic on Thanksgiving


Temple Lights

Random Macey Sue picture, So cute, she's such a smiley baby,


Cotter Family Pic on Thanksgiving, if we look fat it's cuz we just ate
The girls in our Bacci shirts, they really are funny if you know each personality
the guys, that's Benton on the right, the best Cotter of them all

6 comments:

William and Marianne said...

fun pics!! =) im sad i never saw the temple lights! =( where the pics katie took on maceys blessing??

James & Tara Huish said...

Are you kidding me with that adorable family picture?! Macey is not supposed to smile so perfecly like that with how young she is! She is way to cute! You look amazing by the way!
You Cotters are hillarious. I can't believe I didn't think to set you up with one of them before! You fit so perfectly in their family! So fun! Thanks for the update!

Love ya!
Tara
Oh, by the way so I'm coming into town the 17th? Do you think maybe I could see you:) I would love it!

Brooke and Brian said...

oh my gosh your girl is so adorable

Brimhall Family said...

That baby is too cute!

Tenneys said...

oh my gosh!! you guys look so good.! i love your family picture-you look gorgeous as usual! i cannot believe mason carried her. wow! Its crazy how kids survive!!!

Lindsey said...

Brit, you guys are so funny.

I'm going to be in town for Christmas. We should get together with Amy and have a girls date.