Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tis the Season


Tonight Macey had her first acting gig. She was really good at it too. She was Baby Jesus for my aunt and uncle's ward christmas party. She was on her best behavior, and was awake and didn't make a peep during the entire thing. Half way through we swapped her pink blanket for a white one, so she wasn't screaming "I'm a girl!" as much. I got to play Mary and Bubba filled in as Joseph for Benton who had to work, as usual, only one more semester!!! The "walk through Bethlehem" was really well done, and I didn't feel guilty eating the turkish delight, baclava, hot chocolate, or hummus even though I wasn't in the ward, I feel I earned my keep. It was really fun, thanks Michelle for suggesting us!
> Joseph, Mary, Baby Jesus and our Donkey
Last Saturday, some of my family drove up to Prescott for the day. If you didn't know already, I didn't till last year, Prescott is "Arizona's Christmas City" and wow do they mean it! They are all about Christmas, real Christmas, none of the politically correct "Season's greetings" or "Happy Holidays" it's Christmas through and through. Macey and I drove up with my mom, and we would've gotten there sooner, but I think my baby brain is kickin in because I made it to Sedona before we realized we'd gone too far. But after a bit of back tracking we made it just in time for the Christmas parade. Yeah their parade puts Gilbert Days to shame, it's like what Gilbert day's used to be plus a little more variety and a lot more dogs. I think there were almost as many dogs as people. Then it was off to Buckey's casino to check out some sweet gingerbread houses, and then to the "Walk through Bethlehem" If you're ever wanting to go to a really really good authentic walk through Bethlehem, this is it! Oh my goodness! It's put on by the Lutheran church and I'm pretty sure every member of the congregation is involved some how, it was very impressive. Then it was back to the town square for the lighting of the Courthouse. They have a whole production they put on, they tell the story of the Birth of Christ and then light everything up, it was awesome. After that we drove to we found a restaurant that didn't have and hour long wait, it gets pretty packed up there in the little town. Then we drove through the "Valley of Lights" in Prescott Valley before driving home. It was a great day! And so do-able for a day trip.
I highly recommend it.And the best part, I got to wear real winter clothes! Jacket, gloves, scarf AND a hat! Hopefully we'll go next year and Benton will be able to tag along. Sorry, I only have pictures of the courthouse lighting somehow, oh well...

Mom and me


Petey, Eric, Ang, Stacy, me, Mom, and little bit-o-Mason, almost the whole group



Some of the lights at the courthouse, this definitely does not do it's justice!

Macey and me all bundled up




5 comments:

William and Marianne said...

looks like fun =) macey is growing!!

katie said...

Your baby is darling-she is tiny! We're gonna have to go to Prescott, sounds like a fun place for Christmas

Amy said...

You look gorgeous and I love your coat! I love how tiny macey is!

Brimhall Family said...

Oh Macey is such a cute baby Jesus! I love love your hat. Way to work it Bertha.

Swirls of Happy said...

You are so cute in your coat and hat!!!! Macey is absolutley adorable, she looks like a doll she is so perfect!