As I'm sure many of you did, I went and saw Twilight at midnight Thursday night. Why is it so fun to stay up till 3 am to watch a movie with a bunch of strangers all obsessed over the same thing? I was a aprehensive about doing this having an infant and all, but Macey is amazing and slept great for Mom and Benton, her respective babysitters. Btw, she now sleeps 10 hours at night!! WAHOO!
K, back to the movie. I went with my sister Stacy and her friend Brooke. They were so nice to save me a seat so I didn't have to leave Macey too early. I showed up only 15 minutes early.
The movie was as good as I had expected it to be, the movies are NEVER as good as the books. I finally got smart and didn't re-read it right before like i did for all the Harry Potter's, becuase that always ruins it for me. It was so cute and so fun, and I left feeling very proud sporting my "i Love edward" shirt.
There were a few things about it i thought were kinda weird, #1. Did anyone else think Jasper looked like a constipated Edward Scissor Hands? #2. Why did they pick a she-man to play Bella? #3 What's up with Jacob's teeth? yikes. #4 Did you feel awkward watching the meadow scene, they just laid there, it was weird. #5 I was highly disappointed in the soundtrack, I expected so much better . I was the only one to catch Stephenie Meyer's cameo in the diner, i was feeling pretty cool about that.
Other than that I Loved it, will see it again in theater, and will most likely buy the dvd.
My awesome Twlight Shirt, thank you Becky Weimer RogersMacey just had her 2 month check up, we were so excited to see how much she weighed cuz she's still such a little peanut, and well that confirmed it, she weighed in at 8 lbs 91/2 oz, still smaller than some of my siblings babies at birth. I'm not complaining, I like her being little. Then the poor baby had to get shots. Poor Macey, for a baby that rarely cries, she really let it out when the nurse stuck her, Not a fun thing to watch!
So...my sis in law Nadia, has somehow convinced me to run a 10k with her in Jan, I think I must be insane, those that know me well know I am a PATHETIC long-distance runner. I'm not just saying that, I am a HORRIBLE!! long-distance runner. So, any advice from you runners out there would be greatly appreciated. I'm so out of shape and need help!! I have like 9 weeks left, so the clock is tickin!








4 comments:
good for you for running a 10k! i run about 5 days a week and the thing that ALWAYS kicks my butt is to run hills! it will get you in great cardio shape. you can also get on the treadmill and run a few hills every 2 minutes, with running flat in between.
Comgrats on committing to the 10K. I think that's awesome. I don't have any training advice for you at all...sorry. Your little peanut is so cute! Love that itty bitty gal.
Love,
Stacy
Wow, I can't believe how small Macey is staying. I love it though, the smaller the are, the more precious they are. As for running, get a jogging stroller and run with Macey (I don't know if the added 8lbs would make much of a difference;-)!) On the rare occasion I get to running without lugging the stroller and my 2 little chunkers around I feel like I can run forever. So, practice running with resistance (aka the stroller, might want to through in a bag of cement to compensate for Macey's petitness he he), then when you go to run the race w/o the resistance it'll be a breeze.
Hey Britt! Macey and Reese are the exact same size! I'll tell you though-after a 10 pounder I'm loving the smaller baby! I wore the same shirt to Twilight and it was AWESOME! I got Reese's tights at baby gap-0-3 month and they fit like a dream!
Post a Comment