Tuesday, September 16, 2008

She's here!!!




Little Macey Sue! Yup. She finally arrived Sat. Sep 13 at 8:24am. Only a few hours past her due date. So, here's how it went. I started having nice strong, consistent contractions about midnight, right when Benton walked in the door from work, how convenient eh? So, he slept for about 20 minutes before I said, We gotta go!! So off to the hospital we went about 1:30 ish. I writhered in pain while this silly nurse took her sweet time asking me these crazy questions before they would officially admit me, in the mean time, my mom called my Uncle Danny to hurry come give me an epidural, cuz he works there and is the absolute BEST!!! So luckily within 5 min of getting into the labor/delivery room he walked in all scrubbed up and ready to go and had me as pleasany, nice and happy as I ever have been in minutes! Yeah, epidurals are the GREATEST things on the planet, and you have got to be completely INSANE to give birth without one, just insane. Anyway, I was in heaven progressing very quickly which rocked cuz I couldn't feel a thing. So about 7:40am i started pushing and 40 minutes later we have a daughter!!! It was amazing and a little surreal to think that baby was just living inside me! I feel VERY lucky to have only been in labor for 8 hours and everything went as well as it did.


She's absolutely perfect! She weighed in at 5lbs 9oz, 19 1/4", but that night she weighed 6lbs 3 oz and when we left the hospital on Monday she was 6lbs 0oz, so really not sure how that happened, but regardless, she's a tiny little thing!! I don't think I could've pushed out anything bigger.


Benton and I really enjoyed our hospital stay and lived it up with all the room service and on- demand everything, I'm kinda missing that nurses button, and the nursery at night. Aside from a sore bottom and both of us being a little sleep deprived we are all 3 doing fantastic! Macey is such a sweet little baby and has the softest little cry that she hardly uses, hopefully it stays that way....


Anyway, here are some pics of our little angel.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONs!!!!

JJLanier said...

Yay! What a beautiful little baby! I am so happy for you! I have been waiting for a post and hoping you were not still overdue.

Congratulations!

I love her name!

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

Oh she is sooo cute. Looks like you were super trooper mom with all of those visitors in and out. Congratulations!

Jaush and Amy said...

Congrats!!! We are so excited for you. Enjoy everything!

JErb said...

Congrats! We're both really happy for you.

Best,
Jeremy and Jill Erb

cluffgirl said...

Oh she is so beautiful! I remember thinking the same thing when I first saw Ayden, was that baby really inside of me just a minute ago! So surreal! Im so happy for you guys, and I hope everything is going well! I hope little Macey Sue loves her sling! LOVE that name btw, so cute!

Junior and Marissa said...

Just need to add my two bits about how beautiful she is. She has the perfect little face! I can't believe how tiny she was for coming on time, but sounds like she's making up for it now! Congratulation you two! Oh by the way, when did you decide to change the name, last I talked to you it was Maren.

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

YAY FOR YOUR NEW LITTLE FAMILY! Congratulations!! Sounds like everything is going just as it should. Your little girl is absolutely beautiful! I couldn't be happier for you!

William and Marianne said...

congrats! i cant believe how good you looked after the delivery...

Brimhall Family said...

MACEY SUE I love it! She is so cute! I want to come see her again! I told Abby you had your baby and she hasn't stopped talking about it. She is very excited for you.

Amy said...

She is SO cute! I can't wait to see her!

Ben and Jen McDowell said...

Bertha i am so excited for you!! Congrats that she made it around and not even late, that is good news. Hope everything works out, you'll have to let me know how you adjust to the new life!

Copple's said...

Congratulations! Sounds like everything finaly went well. She is tiny and adorable. Hopefully she will be the best baby for you. Way to go you two!

akdoxey said...

Congratulations...finally! I love the name Macey and she is precious. Britt- you look so cute for just giving birth. Way to go mom and dad. Good luck with everything!

Amy said...

That is crazy! I had Turner via c-section on Thursday and he was born at 8:24 am as well! He was little too, he weighed 6lbs 8oz.

Trina said...

Very sweet! Congrats she is beautiful!

wendy and brig said...

Congratulations! Brittany and Benton. She is adorable. Kate will be excited to hear she was born on the 13th because that is her birthday too. I hope everything is going well for you.

katie said...

CONGRATS! Love the name!

Tennille and Patrick said...

yeah she is so cute!!! We are so excited for you guys. You are going to make great parents.
Congrats
We love you guys.

James & Tara Huish said...

Oh Brittany, She is SOOO Cute! I really mean it! Even though I think my kids were cute newborns, I have to admit that Macey's cuter! You guys are just the cutest little family! I was so sad to miss your shower! It was right in the midst of our moving week and I couldn't make it, but I even had your present! I promise! Maybe I can bring it down for Christmas:) I wish i got to see you while I was in AZ. Maybe at Christmas time we can get together. Love you Brittany! Congrats!