Thursday, August 23, 2007
Pizzeria Brittanica!
So, you're probably looking at that picture trying to figure out what exactly it is. Well, today is your lucky day, I'm going to tell you. You see, each and every Sunday I count on a big family dinner at my Mom's. Well this past Sunday she was out of town, and people had meetings and staff infections, so we decided to just fend for ourselves. It was sucha weird feeling not going to dinner, so I decided to invite Buck and Nadia over for dinner. I remembered Stacy and I had recently made pizza dough and I had some in the freezer, so I thought, Great! that's what we'll eat! So I pulled it out and it was frozen as a rock. Out of desperation, I called Katie to ask how long it normally takes to thaw these dough balls, and to my dismay, she replied, all day. Crap. But she did tell me there's a way special way you can speed the process along in the microwave, but it's hard to do, and she couldn't remember the specifics, but I decided to try it anyway. So, I tossed it in the micro on defrost for just 2 min and decided I'd better take it out becuase it was getting piping hot! And the edges were starting to cook. So I waited, hoping desperately that it would start to rise, but nothing happened.... I then drove to Katie's and brought along my dough patty with me to show her what I had done. And, with good reason, she just laughed. This thing was so dead and flat, Brian thought I had brought him a giant cookie, until he got up close. Anyway, my dear sister, out of the goodness of her heart, had mercy on me and whipped me up an entire new batch of pizza dough, grinded the wheat and everything! For that I am VERY grateful. I needed this one to rise really quick, cuz Buck and Nadia were coming any minute, so I threw it in the microwave! Just Kidding!! I learned my lesson. It was hot enough that it rose perfectly and beautifully and 20 minutes later we ate some of the best pizza known to man kind. Sunday Dinner was saved.... that's until I boiled the no-bake cookies a tad too long, but that's another story, for another time. Toodles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
oh britt-any...you cook like me!
hiii-yaw! that was a funny story!
I just love all the fun experiments that come with learning how to cook. It's fun to see Doug try to be nice when something is obviously disgusting.
you need to update again - you have the funniest updates and it has been too long. I am coming in on Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday afternoon. Way too short!!! But I hope hope hope you can make it Sat afternoon. If not then I will just have to see you some other time that weekend. I would love to see your house!
Post a Comment