8 years ago
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Looney Tunes
Has anyone noticed how terrible the main stream music is becoming, specifically the Hip-Hop genre? I've never been a fan, but having been exposed to it more since I joined the band of cosmologists, I've noticed there is not a single decent singer/song writer/musician in the whole business! And man does it get to me! It's Pathetic! My ears have the displeasure of listening to our fabulous hip hop stations here in the valley at work, and I can predict 80% of the songs that will be played in the first 30 minutes, I am so good at this because the music library at these stations have only about 10 songs each and it's like they put them on repeat. I can feel myself losing brain cells every time I hear one repeated. My dear friend April experienced this phenomenon the other day while getting her hair done, and she said, "wait, didn't they just play this song?" "oh Yes, April they did" was my reply. If I have to hear that dumb Fergie song about a child missing it's blanket, or how to "Party Like a rock star" or the "suicidal" song that butchered the classic "Stand By Me" I think I will commit suicide, well maybe not, but I will get a little annoyed and probably go change the station to something I can whistle along to, because as my wise father often told me, if you cant whistle along to the melody it has no tune and therefore isn't real music. Wise words .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Preach it, my sista!
britt - hilarious! and yet, so true. That pic of us is on canon beach - it is not that far from his parent's house so we went there one day when we were dating. we only lasted about 5 mins on the beach, it was cold! Do you guys have the same pics from your honeymoon?
Post a Comment