Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Slow Down

So, is it a bad thing that 7:00 pm is very often my favorite time of the day? The reason being the kids go to bed and I get time so sit and do absolutely nothing if I want to? I love my kids, but after a day like today, 2 ornery kids, one teething, both took the sorriest excuse for afternoon naps, and 1 in the the prime of her "terrible two's", it's hard to feel guilty about looking forward to and Loving the peace and quiet.

As crazy and hard as some days can be and as much as my kids try my patience, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Time flies by waaaayyyy too fast and I know I'm gonna blink my eyes and Macey's gonna be in kindergarten. At least that's how I feel. Don't you wish you had a video camera in your head and could just keep every cute, funny, or not-so-funny-today but will be hilarious later, things forever? I need to be better at recording all this great stuff, and I'm working on it, but I'd really like to just figure out a way to slow down time.

Case in Point- My little Crewf is 9 months old!!! 9 months! How did that even happen? He's not a baby anymore, he doesn't even look like a baby. He crawls all over the place, gets into everything and tries to do everything his sister does. My Sweet boy is growing up and it's driving me nuts!

For the record
At 9 Months, Crew:
  • weighs 17lbs 14.5 oz- 10% (I swear he's not a skinny, scrawny kid, and he eats plenty, but he's gone from 50% to 25%, to now 10%)
  • 28" long (50%)
  • head 18" (60-65%) He's always had a big head, but it's so perfectly round and cute
  • Growing FANGS. I have a vampire baby. When the doc asked how many teeth he had and I told her his came are coming in, she said "I'm sorry". True story. It's funny, and I've tried, unsuccessfully, to get a picture of the fangs before this next tooth (right in front) finally pops through.
  • Grinds his teeth?? Has anyone else had a baby that does that? It's so loud and awful sounding. How does one grind 2 bottom front teeth on your k-9's? Hopefully this is a short-lived quirk of his.
  • SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I was just ranting about how time goes by way too fast, and it does. Except at night. When you have a 8 month old that still likes to wake up twice. ughhhh. We'd tried to get him to sleep all night on several occasions and he would not. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, sent Benton in to give him his pacifier, and nothing more, no talking, holding, back rubbing, nothing. 2 nights of that and now we're Golden!! No one should have to wait 9 months for that. If you do, I. Am. Sorry. I love sleeping all night. It is so choice.
  • Cruises along everything.
  • Climbs up the stairs all day long. He's a fast bugger too! I turn my back for one min and he's climbed up 2 sets of stairs and 1/2 way down the hall.
  • Has no concept of possession...yet. If Macey is anywhere near by and he picks up a toy, it's gone in a matter of seconds and he just goes with it. Pretty sure he thinks that's how life is supposed to be. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the retaliation begins.
  • Has the most adorable lopsided smile
  • Learned how to clap, and gets very excited when he does
  • almost has the sign for "more" down, more of a clap than the sign but it works.
  • Wont eat baby food anymore. He's graduated to table food and grunts, moans if you don't give him enough soon enough.
  • Still the SWEETEST, smiley-est, adorable little boy in the world! He melts my heart.


I love the look on his face here. Why wouldn't you not want to freeze time for that handsome bugger?

No comments: