Benton and I were doing well, starting off the new year working on being better people, and doing the things we ought to be doing, not that we're bad people up to no good, but ya know. Top of the list is, attend the temple more often. So we picked the day, arranged for a babysitter and were all set. We dropped the kids off at my sisters and were a block away stopped at a light when we heard a crash, then felt a little nudge, ok, maybe it was more than a little nudge, from behind. I was a bit confused at first but soon realized, Oh, we just got rear-ended! And the crash was the car behind the car that hit us hitting her. (did ya catch that?) So we pull over and get out, luckily neither of us are hurt, luckily the light had just turned green and Benton had taken his foot off the brake so we were sorta moving, and assess the damage. Our trunk was pretty messed up, the bumper obliterated. The lady had hit us was really nice and assured us that we'd still get our blessings even though we didn't actually make it to a temple session. :) The dude that hit her was a little loopy. Definitely on something, meds you're not supposed to be driving with on, and probably more than the prescribed amount. He was dumb and wasn't wearing his seat belt and he cracked his windshield with his head. I feel kinda bad, but I was too pissed at him for driving under the influence and causing this dumb wreck and making this nice lady miss her friends' birthday lunch and us a temple trip, and the headache that comes from dealing with car wrecks, that I didn't even ask him if he was ok. It wasn't even his car. It was his mom's and so far no insurance has been found. Fingers are crossed and praying that she has insurance!!! The ended up taking drug dude to the hospital, and the cop said it will most likely be a DUI. Our poor Altima got towed away and that was it. Now the fun begins. It's just so much fun dealing with insurance companies, but at least we have insurance and this will be taken care of. That's why we pay for it, right? I'm picking up my rental car and waiting to find out if our car is totaled, hoping it's not. We are so so grateful the kids were not in the car and no one was hurt! It could have been a lot worse. Our guardian angels were watching out for us, and the stroller in the trunk, not a mark on it! ;) They always say something always gets in your way when you try to get to the temple. This definitely did, but we're making plans.
8 years ago








5 comments:
Oh man that's awful. I am glad you guys are ok and the kids weren't with you!
Oh Happy New Year to you! Such a bummer. Guys I'm so sorry about your car. A serious HEADACHE. Glad your ok. And Britt I love that you said you were so "pissed," quick change from the Temple mindset. I would have been more than pissed to tell ya the truth.
That stinks! I am so sorry you have to deal with that. Good luck with the insurance company... I hope it all works out for you!
so glad your ok and that the babies were not with you. you going to the temple was probably a blessing :) it could of been worse!! angels for sure!
In my defense Amber, we never actually made it to the temple, so I'm still working on being that better person. haha :)
Post a Comment