It's been 4 years since my dad passed away. It's weird to think he's been gone that long. But I still think about him and miss him just as much. I especially miss his jolly, see-the-good-in-everything personality, not to mention amazing sense of humor, sound advice, and vast knowledge of pretty much anything and everything. Oh, I miss having him around!!! I'm grateful everyday to know without a doubt that he is happy and busy where he is doing his favorite thing-missionary work, and that I will see him again, and my kids will get to know their amazing Grandpa one day.Every year on the anniversary of his passing, we, my immediate and extended family on Dad's side, go to the cemetery to remember Dad and my Grandpa, who is buried nearby. It's always so much fun reminiscing and telling stories and memories. Somehow, there is always a new story told about them we've never heard before. It's like we're still getting to know them while keeping their legacy alive. It's so fun to be there and devote that time to Dad and Grandpa.
We are so blessed to have such a strong, close-knit family, to share all this and uplift one another. You couldn't ask for better support and more love.
I managed to snap a shot of Macey in the 10 seconds she was sitting down
family shot, of course Benton had to work and missed out, again...... someday.....
My adorably sweet Grandma Jane, doesn't she look amazing for 91??
helping Gma put in new flowers







3 comments:
Oh Berty, I was tearing up reading this post. Your dad truly was an incredible man. I really miss the long chats with him and his random knick knacks he'd always conjur up.
aw!!!! we all miss him! my favorite memory is mexico~ so fun :) thanks for sharing!
What an awesome guy! You're so right about him up there just loving what he's doing. I don't think it's possible for him not to. I can't believe it's been 4 years! Crazy! We all miss him.
Post a Comment