Today was a busy day. Although, most of it was spent driving. My mom, Macey and I drove up to Thatcher for the Gila Valley Temple open house. 5+ hours of driving for 1.5 hours spent there may sound crazy, and it probably was, but it was worth it. The temple is absolutely beautiful, the spirit there was great, Macey did awesome during the tour, and we got cookies after it was over. What could be better?
I also jumped on the opportunity, since we were driving right through Globe/Miami, to get bean and cheese burritos from Burger House. Those things are amazing, obviously good enough to blog about. I even brought home extras so we can get our fill till the next time we ever make it up there.
It's now 9:00, we're finally home and man does it feel good to be sitting on the couch with my feet up. What is it about driving that is so uncomfortable? You'd think sitting in a cushioned chair would be ok, but man do my butt, feet and legs ache. Maybe being almost 36 weeks prego has something to do with it? But still, not fun. Thank goodness for my wonderful, loving husband who dutifully rubs my back, and feet if they're hurtin bad enough, every night. I sure hope this little tradition we have doesn't end when the baby arrives, hint hint, Benton. :)
Macey's other Favorite place to climb/play. Silly smile and clippy in her hair, all done on her own.
That was our afternoon. This morning, Macey has a little well-check dr. appt and believe it or not, she's officially made it on to the growth charts for everything EXCEPT weight. She's still lacking there, but her height is between 10-25% at 31 in!! Not bad! We knew she was getting taller. She weighed in at 19 lbs 8oz, soooo close to the 20 lb mark, maybe by the time the baby comes. Perhaps if she knew a whole new world awaits her as soon as she hits it and we can turn her car seat around she'd eat more or something. I just hope she gets there before she turns 2, poor kid.
She is so entertaining lately, she always is, but it's like the older they get, the funnier and crazier they are. She is a Monkey and literally climbs on EVERYTHING. Her favorite places to be, on the kitchen table or sitting IN the refrigerator. She's talking like mad, but loves to just cry when she's frustrated or can't get/do what she's after. But she's really good at saying please, and is constantly asking "Was dat, was dat?" any time she hears a noise she likes. She is really good at saying her own name, "Dada", even "Gramma", but for whatever reason, when we tell her to say "momma" she points to herself and says "Macey" everytime... it's like I don't exist. She loves the camera, and when you ask where her smile is, she pulls the cheesiest face with a big "cheeese". She is growing up soooo fast, and although we fear she's entering the terrible 2's a little early, she's cute enough and we love her enough we think it'll all be worth it.
"cheeeeeeesssseee" excuse her bed head, I promise I do do her hair.

I just LoVe this pic! She wasn't feeling well and was being such a cuddler, a true RARITY for her. Thx Bill and Mar for the great pic!








1 comment:
Fun! Do you have a picture of the whole temple? I'd love to see it. My ward is going to be in on the Temple Dedication Broadcast on May 23rd. You guys are welcome to come. If you do... I have to get you a special pass.. so let me know. Its 9am at our ward. Only a few wards get to watch it :) Im excited!
YAY for Macey making the charts :) Thats exciting! It will be hilarious if your baby comes out Cotter sized and grows bigger than her in the first few months :) We'll see!
Post a Comment