
Arizona may be the most miserable place on the planet come summer, but it can't be beat come spring time! We took full advantage of the gorgeous weather and hit up Usery Pass for a little jaunt up the mountain. If you grew up here, you've probably done this hike, it's the same one they use for the early morning firesides, super little hike. You forget the desert can actually be pretty and somewhat green living in the city, it's so nice to get out and enjoy nature.
The hike was great, no rattle snakes came out to eat us, the bees stayed in their hive, and all the kids hiked up and down no problem. Macey did awesome, but by the end I think the excitement was too much to handle, she completely conked out on the way down. I can't wait to do it again, hopefully the weather will stay nice long enough so Benton can tag along.
the view from the top
sound asleep..... yeah, I dunno what is going on with my hair, pretty nasty
sleeping on the middle of the table while we all ate lunch and played
the sweet covered playground at the bottom of the trail
playing on the giant teeter totter








11 comments:
Okay Macey is tiny, and so stink'n cute. Wyatt was 14lbs at his two months. I am not used to carrying a bolder everywhere I go. We saw your sister at the zoo yesturday. Hope you guys are doing well.
I love hiking! Oh ya mondays are pretty much the only days I can do lunch.
I love it! It looks like you had so much fun! I need to get out there soon, at least before the weather gets bad. My favorite picture is of you smiling with Macey asleep in her pack. Adorable
Oh my goodness your little girl is seriously so adorable. And you look good! =)
Macey is SOOO tiny! Love it. And we would love to have you guys over any time. Tell me when!
This makes it seem like having a baby is so easy, all you have to do is give them sleeping pills all the time. And Chris and I laughed REALLY hard at your picture of Macy conked out in your backpack. She looks like she's in pain yet all you have to say is about your hair. I love you for that!
How fun, I love hiking. Man Macey is so tiny, I love how exhausted she was.
yeah I found your blog. Now i can be really creepy! I was thinking the same thing about Maceys head.
What! That is crazy yesterday I wanted to take the girls for a little hike and couldn't think of any place to go. I should have called you, you always know the it places.
Oh, you're right. Spring in AZ is great (except that instead of it leading to better weather, it leads to stinkin' hot!). But I miss it! Man, Macey is just too cute!! I need to kiss her! When I come down in the summer, we'll definitley have to get together again. Oh, and your poor eye! I can just FEEL how bad that hurt! It's one of the worst places to get hurt! Anyway, hope those eyelashes are coming back:)
Brittany this is mandy stewart from REGIS.. forever ago. I ran into your blog off Sarah Scorse. I had heard you had a baby and she is beautiful! Fun to see you again. Keep in touch!
Post a Comment