I went to the eye doctor today for a check up, since I hadn't in 5 years, oops, and the lady took me back to the fist exam room to read the letters on the board and blow air in my eye balls and stuff like that. So, there's 3 big metal machines they use to look at your eye balls, and as I go to sit in the chair I put my head down too fast and too early and definitely in the wrong place!!! I SMACKED my eye on one of the machines really good! It kinda stung and I knew I did a little damage. The girl asked if I was ok and I wasn't dying, so I said yes and we continued through the exams even though I had to stop countless times to wipe away the endless watering of my poor eye. She didn't even offer me a tissue! In fact the girl never ever made mention of my injury at ALL! She just told me where to sit to wait for the doctor!
I could feel a cut and luckily there was a nice big mirror so I walked over to assess the damage, and sure enough there was a nice little cut right on my brow bone. I sat back down and felt with my fingers and noticed my eye lashes were feeling kinda funny like. I was too embarrassed to walk up to the mirror again, 'cause there was a little sitting there with me and I didn't want to to think I was wacko or vain, so I made a break for the bathroom and that's where I discovered the worst of it. I SCALPED my eyelashes!!! A good 1/2 inch of lashes gone completely right front and center!
I got out of there lickity split, but not with a few odd looks from the front desk workers. I got home and walked up to my mom, again a weird look, then laughter, then she suggested I hurry and get some fake lashes. Which I have, thank you MAC counter.
Luckily, it's not too obvious from far away and the bruise is in good spot. But when your husband is at a loss for words, well....
I hope none of you ever have the pleasure of scapling your eye lashes anytime soon, and I really hope mine grow back FAST! Watch out for those Optometrist offices, irony's just waitin to happen.
P.S. I have brown hair now.
Here's a nice view of my cut








10 comments:
first, i love your brown hair.
second, oh my goodness!!! I am so sorry. I have never seen that before. Seriously, thats a first. OUCH! You are such a good sport. Whats funny is that you didnt just scrape off your eyelashes... there isnt even stubble!! Its clean wiped off!!!!!!
Ewwww! That looks like it hurts so bad! At least it's a good excuse to visit the MAC counter. I could spend hours there. I'm guessing your eye sight must not be up to par if you couldn't see that device coming straight for your eyeball. I hope it heals soon.
By the way, I'm loving the brown hair. You'll soon find out that Brunette's are really the ones that have more fun.
Oh Britt, Britt, Britt.... goodness me. Well let me make you feel better. Whilst prego with Aaron I noticed something missing one day, yep you guessed it, my eyelashes. Oh but don't you worry I found them..... they were in my eyelash curler. Being pregnant made my lashes brittle and I basically cut them off one day putting my makeup on. The good news is they did grow back..... the bad, my didn't until I was done being pregnant... 5 months later.
Now that is strange! How did you manage that? Sorry about the mishap though. And I like your hair!
how in the world did your eyelashes come out? did the machine have a tiny arm that yeanked on them as you smacked your head. poor britt brat!
and btw - your hair looks totally hot. i want to go mega dark again too!
Oh no! Will they come back????
This is so funny. I'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune. But I like your brown hair...
Oh yeah, will you email me your address? lindztut@gmail.com
OH MY GOSH!! That looks like it hurt! Well, at least you didn't do anything to your actual eyeball. I hope the fake eyelashes work!
ha ha, oh the things we Humans do! yah, not sure what to same to comfort you, but that your green eyes are beautiful! I love MAC
Post a Comment