So, I have this brother Peter who has a little fetish for Jewish culture. It all goes back to our childhood, my family used to live in an area of Phoenix with a very large Jewish population. So, a lot of my siblings friends, well at least Pete, had several Jewish friends growing up, and well, Peter has found a special place in his heart for those friends, well, their culture at least. He's hasn't spoken to any of those friends since moving to Gilbert in '86, and I don't think we really understand what all the holidays truly represent, but that doesn't stop Pete from bringing Christmas presents wrapped in Hanukkah wrapping paper that he's constructed into the shape of a draddle or partaking in traditional Jewish cuisine on Yom Kippur. It's all for fun and well, we've come to expect these things from Pete, if you know his sense of humor at all, you'd totally understand this.
So, Yom Kippur was last week. A few days before Pete randomly brought it up so I decided to jump on board. He found a recipe for Cheese Blintzes, a traditional Jewish breakfast, but we had them at nighttime, so we decided to have our own festivities and take on making cheese blintzes. We weren't sure how they would turn out, we'd never attempted this before, but let me tell you, they were a hit!! We had quite the party, about 15 people , and we scarfed those suckers down. I think Yom Kippur will become a tradition in our house, or at least the cheese blintzes will... Thanks Pete for getting us a little more cultured!
On Another note, Macey turned One Month yesterday. We took her to the Doc, she now weighs a whopping 7 lbs 5.5 oz, yeah, I was bigger than that when I was born. She's in the 10th percentile!! She's a miniture person but suprisingly strong for her size and not to mention CUTE! We love you Macey!

Also, today is national Dessert Day, hope you all had yourselves a little treat.








6 comments:
thats hilarious! looks yummy. i love people who love other cultures. fun! macey is beautiful. cant wait to meet her.
Ooooo! Those really do look good. I'm loving the bows on Macey. Keep it coming.
anything with chesse and jam is my kind of food! sounds like fun.
i love macey...she is soo cute! i want to hold her!
Happy Yom Kippur! And yes, I stare at my wedding pictures. Like a lot. I love pictures of Macey, she is so cute!
Oh Macey! She is still smaller than Milly when she was born. I want a cute little baby like Macey, but she has to be a good baby like her too. One more reason to like Peter's Panties even more!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. She is so little- my little one was bigger than that when she was born so they are probably about the same size now- actually mine is probably still bigger- let's get together!
Post a Comment