Monday, July 21, 2008

Luck of the Draw

I can now add one more thing to the list of drawings/contests I've won. Saturday I was working and it was nice and dead so I decided to walk down to Macy's to return some cologne. Apparently they were having some kind of "come get a free facial" day which looked mighty appetizing, but I was working, so I made my return and was on my way back to work when I noticed a table with all sorts of fancy gift baskets you could enter to win. So I entered, of course. I said to myself, I think I'll win this, yeah that'll be fun. So back to work I went and I didn't give it another thought.
I got a phone call on Sunday from a number I didn't know, and forgot to listen to the voicemail until today while I was driving to the mall to pick some stuff up from work, and it was a lady from Estee Lauder telling me I had won that fancy drawing and my prize was the Donna Karan gift set. Holy smokes! I couldn't believe it and winning stuff just makes you smile. So into Macy's I went to collect my prize. I scored 2 full size perfumes, one of my favorites amazingly enough, and matching body lotion! And it came to me on a silver platter all wrapped up nice. The only thing I felt guilty about was when the girl asked, "who did your make up" I just replied, " oh, I don't remember" so I suppose next time I'll be sure to get my facial/make over before I enter anymore contests.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

William and Marianne said...

nice.. you always get lucky girl!

akdoxey said...

Sweetness in motion. If you come out, we should try all the broadway show lotteries. With our luck combined, we'll be unstoppable!

Claydens said...

nothing beats free stuff especially when it's nice! Congrats on the win and BTW you're SO close to having a kid! Hope you're feeling good and going out to eat alot!

Claydens said...

nothing beats free stuff especially when it's nice! Congrats on the win and BTW you're SO close to having a kid! Hope you're feeling good and going out to eat alot!

Brooklyn said...

Wow! Lucky girl! email me at brookebrown702@yahoo.com so I can invite to the blog again! Have a great day! Love your header pic!

Trina said...

Man, some people have all the luck!
Yae! Free stuff! And you look so cute!

wendy and brig said...

Lucky You! How fun. Do win things a lot? I never win anything. I only get free stuff at resturants because something is always wrong with my order or Brigs.

Brimhall Family said...

Free stuff! That makes me smile too!

Charla said...

Brittany, Didn't I give you the speech about saving all of your luck to win the HGTV dream house? You can't just waste it on perfume. Sheesh. :)

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Look at you!! I love to win things!!