Anyway, we're just now starting to sleep through the night again, getting up every 2 hours to put more aloe on was good practice for the sleepless nights we'll have come september. Everytime we got out of bed it was like the worst shin splits/pins and needles ever, not pleasant. It felt alright if we were walking but as soon as we stopped all the pain came rushing back.
Then came the best part. The SWELLING. The second day Benton came down with some mean Cankles!! YIKES! And my knees were starting to look a little large and puffy. Then the next day Anna and I were at lunch and I looked down and Boom, CANKLES had attacked me too... it was horrible! And a 5+ hour drive home is not good for swelling, my mom nearly passed out when she saw the state we were in and the sausage rolls we had for legs.
Thankfully my swelling was gone by Sunday night, it was not a fun 4 days, unfortunately Benton's ankle bones still aren't poking out like they should be, but on the bright side the massive BLISTERS that showed up on his shins on Friday have all gone away.
Now we feel like a couple of molting lizards, peeling like crazy, it's never ending!! and the color is just now finally turning from Red to tan. All from 2 hours in the sun. Benton still looks like his legs got hit by a truck, but he's doing much better!
We still had a fabulous time though! We spent a great day at Sea World, and checked out the town of Oceanside, did some shopping, checked out some really cool restuarants, and the coolest farmer's market I've been too. And Benton got really good at Guitar hero becuase it hurt him too much to walk and be outside, poor guy.
THANK YOU SO MUCH ANNA!!!! Anytime you want us go come back we're game and we'll bring extra sunscreen this time.
my beautiful cankles and sausage roll leg








12 comments:
hahahaha! your words were cracking me up and then i saw your ankles and was like "WHOA!" bad news.... that looks painful. im so sorry. glad you had fun though =)
Ouch! Hope you both are feeling better. Come around sometime and say hi.
Oh wow! That must have been lovely. When we went to San Diego a couple of years ago Jordan got a horrible burn too but his was on the back of his legs, especially in the crease of his knees. Needles to say very very painful. That sun in San Diego sure sneaks up on you I think because the temp is still so nice when it happens.
Oh no Benton got blisters! You poor things. I'm going to the farmers market today to make a stew. yummy
Sounds like you guys had a.... interesting time ;) Im so sorry about the cankles, it isn't fun the first time you see your swollen feet when your pregnant. Mine were SO bad in beauty school, they were like perma-swollen. Did you guys stay in Oceanside? We were just there all last week! The weather was so nice, you don't even THINK about sunscreen or being out to long. Sneaky Sneaky weather down up there!
i never knew that one could swell up from a sunburn! that's pretty bad! i think the picture of benton's cankles is the worst of them all. i will be in az the week of july 4th - perhaps i can catch up with you guys then?!?! i hope the peeling process goes okay.
email me so I can invite you to my blog amybevans@gmail.com
Bertha- That looks terrible..... I'm so sorry. It hurst to get fried without getting the blisters. Hope you have a good tan now though! I'm jealous you go to go to the beach though! It was great seeing you at the funeral- I'm glad you found us and said Hello! I don't know when we'll be back, but one of these times we'll really need to hang out.
Oh my, wow! yah that looks so bad. I am so sorry for you! glad you guys still had fun though. I love Sea World and I love California weather. I love that everyday here in Cali you can go outside and enjoy the weather.
I can not believe you burned that much in 2 hours! That looks like it hurts so bad. Sorry about that! Glad you had fun though!
Hey you are in Queen Creeek? ME TOO!!! Where? and what is your last name?
I am sorry to be laughing at your pain, but I haven't laughed this hard reading a blog in a long time, maybe never. I love your word choices. They are so descriptive and right on for the pictures. I am glad you both are doing better!
Post a Comment