Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Wal-mart trip from, not heaven


So, tonight after work, I went to Walmart to pick up somethings for Sunday dinner, including bell peppers and a pineapple, both of which I planned on ad-matching for a great low price. As I was walking to check out, I found a short nice line only to be told, "sorry I just closed", so I was forced to walk to the clear other end of the store, if you've been to a walmart supercenter, you know what an inconvenience that is. So, I join the herd of other customers in line of one of the 4 open registers. All the lines were insanely long, so I waited and waited and finally it was my turn, she rang up my stuff and I told her the price of my items I needed to ad match and she entered them, but then my total came out to $50! I had about $15 worth of groceries, so that started this big long process, and ended with the manager coming over to void the 3 times I was charged for my bell peppers at herendous prices I might add. So after being heckled my the people in line behind me, offering to pay for the "stupid bell pepper" I paid and was off. I got to my car and thought, something still isn't right, $24 is still too much, so I whipped out my trusty cell phone calculator and added it up and sure enough it was off by a good $10. So back inside I went to customer service and the same manager found the $10 she forgot to void and refunded my money, which wont show up for 7-10 business days. What a nightmare, what should have been a ten minute shopping trip turned into almost an hour, most of which was standing in line, I'm just glad to be home. (oh, that's me being mad at my receipt in the pic)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

akdoxey said...

Now that's one unfortunate visit to WalMart- I hope your produce were really good! What you ended up paying is similar to what crazy people pay for produce in the city. Ah- I miss price-matching.

Unknown said...

Walmart is never a good idea. It's worth paying the extra money for peace of mind while you're shopping. This one time I was in Walmart and some lady came out of the isle and bit me. Well...maybe not, but I was ready for it.