Friday, August 10, 2007

The adventures of being me

Well, once again I've had a abnormal thing happen to me , Tuesday night I was tidying up our family room, putting a throw on the sofa when all the sudden I felt a pin prick on the side of my foot, but the pain didn't go away. Alas, I had been bitten/stung by something. I was home alone and was so worried what I was gonna do in case I died. So, I decided to be proactive and research one of the two things I decided could've bit me, a scorpion, or a black widow. I started with Black Widows and was preparing for the worst, cuz they get pretty bad, look it up if you ever have a minute. But then I decided it wasn't that bad of a bite cuz the pain wasn't really spreading much. Finally, Benton got home for work, 2 hours later and, since I was too scared to look under the couch, I tried to look from a far using a pair of tongs to lift the slip cover, but to no avail, so Benton, being the He-man that he is, hoisted up the entire couch where we found a little scorpion.... dead. Yes, I was stung by a dead scorpion. How does this happen? I do not know. Anyway, I was relived to know it was a scorpion that got me, somehow. Um, if you've ever tried to sleep with a scorpion sting, it doesn't work!!!! The numbness and tingling kills you! I think I fell asleep round 5 am. Not a fun night! But the good news is by Thursday I wasn't numb anymore! The End.

1 comment:

akdoxey said...

I'm sorry about your sting. Was that your first time? I never got to experience it so to my Dad, Liz, and Mariam, I'm not a true Arizonian (they've all had the luck to be stung multiple times). I heard the little ones sting more b/c they can't regulate how much juice they squirt into you, and I may be mixing it w/ some other insect but I think that sometimes if they give too much it kills them. Anyway, glad you're OK!