Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm done being a mom today

Soooo done. It's been one of those days. The type where you feel like an awful, grouchy person because you've put so much energy into getting after your little angels all day. Though, I wouldn't exactly call them angels today. Let's see. Little missy refuses to pick up her toys and books and insists that she "doesn't know how". She does, believe me. I tried to explain to her that Heavenly Father gave her 2 hands and 2 feet so she can do things like pick up toys. She didn't buy it. So, her happy (pacifier) went to the time-out bucket. I knew what I was getting myself into, but I gave her a chance to get it back before bed. She chose not to take it.
Later, I was on the phone with my brother and thought Macey was playing in her room. Well, she wasn't. She was playing in my room. With bright pink nail polish. And my jewerly. And now our dresser has a new paint job, as well as some of my jewerly. I'm also missing a few earrings. grrrrrr. I managed to calm myself after a time and got as much of it cleaned up as I could, kids fed and bathed and ready for bed. Then the fun started all over again. She refused to pick up the toys, there was a LOT, I mean a LOT of obnoxious whining and then crying and me all but losing my mind from it all. I had to put her to bed with no happy. This has never happed before. We're in the process of eliminating it, it's been slow going. There was a lot more crying. A lot of trying to explain why she didn't get a happy. She gets another shot tomorrow. We prayed to Heavenly Father to help her sleep ok and to know how to pick up toys by herself, since she apparently doesn't know how. It took a little longer, but she did just fine and went straight to sleep when I left her room. Mostly I had to leave because Crew had been screaming for the last 20 min, because his crazy-brained mom forgot to turn his night light on. So, I got him calmed down and back to sleep. It's now too late for me to go to my class at the gym, trust me, I could really use it! So, I'm here, venting. Hoping tomorrow will be a little less chaotic and trying to find the joy in it all. Who ever said 3 years old is easier than 2 yrs old is off their rocker. This has been my biggest challenge yet. It's all worth it right?
If nothing else I am pretty ecstatic that Macey is sleeping with NO happy! This is HUGE!
And hopefully she got a little something from learning that we can and should pray for help.

Here's to a better tomorrow......

2 comments:

akdoxey said...

Three is WAY worse than two for me too. I think they're pretty cute at two. Sorry you had such a difficult day, the nail polish would definitely top me off. Sometimes, I feel pressure to find the joy in parenting and think of looking for the positive and it makes it all the more difficult b/c I'm so p-o'd. That's usually when I go get a diet coke and a huge brownie- that doesn't help though. Oh, hang in there. Glad to know you're human Brit!

JJLanier said...

I think every mom has days like that! Hope today was better for you! A day in town with 3 of my 4 kids today about did me in!
I totally agree about 3 year olds. I always thought the terrific 2's...three was much harder.
Your kids are adorable, Brittany!