Macey figured out how to climb out of her crib, which I think every parent dreads. At first she would only climb out when trying to put her down for a nap. But then she figured out she didn't have to wait for us to come get her out in the morning and would either show up beaming at us first thing in the morning, or wake us by knocking on her door, because she's too short to reach it. This wouldn't be such a probably if Benton and I had normal schedule, but we don't, so 7:30am comes REALLY, REALLY early. Enter the crib tent. Note, we didn't get this because we were worried for her safety, if you know Macey, you know she is a complete MONKEY and climbing out of a crib raises no reason for concern. The first time we put Macey in her newly cribbed tent, I don't know what she thought, but I'm pretty sure she was glad she didn't have to get "tied in", which was my original means of confinement, a pair of pantyhose has so many uses. The first night sealed the deal for us. She slept in and happily played in her crib until 9am!!! The guilt I felt for a few seconds was immediately gone. The tent is here to stay.
And now she's figured out and decided it's fun to take off her diaper.... Oh, boy. Do they make a tent for that? I don't want to find another "surprise" from Macey on floor. One was more than enough!








4 comments:
If she keeps taking off her diaper, try zip up pajamas and then either safety pin them at the top, or if she is really tricky {like Maddie was} then put them on her backwards and twist the feet at the bottom to fit her feet...good luck!
What a little houdini you have! But cute as a button. We just flipped the door handle on our girls door around so we could "confine" them in and stop the jack-in-the-box routine. :) (please don't report me to CPS). I've heard of people using duct tape all the way around the diaper to solve your other problem. Good luck! Perhaps she's just ready to potty train! woo hoo!
I can't believe she'll sleep until 9. My goodness. I usually hope for 7:30. But congrats! Do they make crib cages for pack n plays. We are in dire need. Too much in and out going on over here.
Okay, I have to laugh because Lane is such a climber too. At 18 months he was up on the table playing with the light fixture and throwing my centerpiece all over the kitchen floor. Fortunately, he has not attempted the bed hopping yet. Good to know there are crib tents for when he tries.
Post a Comment