Saturday, August 16, 2008

How we came to be White Trash, with buff arms



This is a story about Benton, me, a changing table, and a car.
As you know, we're about to have a baby. In our excitement we're trying to get the baby's room ready, so we wanted a changing table, understandably so, they're useful, right?
So I found a good one on craiglist, wonderful thing that craiglist, and we decided to go take a look at it after we got done at the temple on Wednesday. So we got directions and found ourselves in the GHETTO! We're talking the projects of downtown chandler. When I asked Benton if he felt a little unsafe, he said, "nah, it just feels like old times". As for me, I felt a little uneasy, but we survived and found the house where our new changing table once called home.
So back to the car we went with our new changing table only to find that, ooops, changing tables dont like to fit in cars, they prefer trucks and things. We tried every which way to fit the dumb thing in somehow, but there was no hope. Not wanting to leave it to get my mom's truck and come all the way back, we came up with an idea some would call ingenious. Those "some" mostly being white trash, like our friend Cletus.
We had a blanket in the trunk, so we put it on the roof, laid the changing table on top of it, rolled down the windows and hung on to it for dear life with our bare hands. We away we drove, Benton in his suit and tie, me in my sunday best, with our arms clutched to this dumb thing on our roof. With a top speed of 30, any faster and the wind resistance would've blown it right off, we made it 2 miles from home with all the sudden a highway patrol man turned on his lights and pulled us over. oops. I have to admit, my arms were very grateful for the break. Luckily he was a good cop and didn't give us a ticket, but we had to call my mom to bring the truck to take our new treasure the rest of the way home.
So, whether your looking for a new arm workout, or just wanna feel really really REALLY white trash, give us a call, you can borrow the changing table.

10 comments:

Tarah said...

Sounds like a fun time!! Haha. Well it's good to see some pregnant pictures of you! You look too dang cute. We need to get together soon. I still want to bring you a baby gift. Let me know when a good time is ok. I hope your shower was fun!

Junior and Marissa said...

Oh Berty, Berty. Why can I so easily get a mental picture of this whole ordeal? But hey, bottom line is you've got yourself a changing table and all is well!

William and Marianne said...

ha! that is freaking hilarious!!! wheres an updated baby bump pic... plus.. where is the baby shower pics?

Bert and Benton said...

Pics are coming, benton's computer is down and that's where all our pics get uploaded to, so I have them, just can't post any...so sorry!

Lindsey said...

This is so funny... So yeah, can I borrow your changing table.

Also, I'm sorry I missed your baby shower! But I do have a present to give you and your baby's breath before I leave. Maybe on our next Earl's night out!

Claydens said...

love the WT story! My aunt Karen said you're in her ward and that you look great! Hang in there only a few more weeks!

JErb said...

when you say, "it feels like old times," -- are you referring to our apt. in Gateway?
haha
great story

JErb

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

That's awesome. I love it. Glad you got what you were looking for. :o)

Trina said...

I wish I was there to take your picture! That is so funny!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

That is hilarious!! I can't tell you how many things that you need a truck for we have fit in our Honda Civic. Full sized file cabinets, coffee tables, 42" plasma screen TV's, entertainment centers...We're right with you on the white trash thing. But now we carry a set of bungie cords with us all the time. :) Glad you didn't get a ticket!