Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving a la Robinson


This year we spent Turkey day with my family. As usual, the festivities were held at my Pat and Jeep's, my aunt and uncle. Dinner was fantastic but that was just the tip of the ice burg. We have a large extended family with lots-o-little kids so in order to better keep them entertained, we rent a giant 30 ft inflatable slide that takes up the entire drive way. It's awesome, and by the end of the day all the neighbors have dropped by to try it out. EVERYONE from 0-60+ goes down the slide. It's not just entertainment, it helps burn off a few of 1000's of calories we've injected. :o)
I also got to try out a favorite childhood game, tetherball, oh manny! If you wanna a work out, find a friend and a tetherball pole! hahaha I played Peter and we were both pooped by the end of one game, then my 2 oldest bros played and I recall one of them saying " I don't remember ever being winded from tether ball before". Serious, I'm still feeling it! 4th graders are tougher than I thought!
I hope you all had a 'gobbling' good time on Thanksgiving!

The Thanksgiving slide



Me with my oldest and youngest neices

3 comments:

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

HOW COOL!!! I've never heard of a Thanksgiving Slide before, but what a great idea!!

Swirls of Happy said...

How fun!!!!! SOunds like you guys had a great time, and I LOVE your hair...you look so stinkin cute :)

Brimhall Family said...

A slide I want to go. Sounds like you had a killer time!